Monday, March 8, 2010

Baby Birthday

We celebrated my daughter's first birthday over the weekend. I did two tiny crafty-ish things for her party that I thought I'd share.

She has a stuffed bear that she's had since she was 4 months old, from our camping trip in Yellowstone. She loves this bear. Sleeps with it, talks to it, snuggles it. It's her lovey. I made her a little bear cake for her party by baking a cake in two 9-inch pans and cutting the snout and ears out of one of the rounds and frosting them onto the other round. I realize there are much better bear cakes out there, but this was my little attempt.



I also made a photo banner for a decoration. I took pictures of her from the day she was born and one for each month of her first twelve months and sewed them all together with a zig-zag stitch, leaving 3-4 inches in between each one. I made two strands, since they wouldn't all fit into one in the space I wanted to use. It was really simple and cute and easy and a nice way for guests to see how she's grown in the past year.

1 comment:

  1. Jen - WOW! That cake is REALLY amazing! There is no way I could attempt such a thing & have it turn out that good. It looks like you used a mold. Very impressive.

    Also, I love the photo banner, but especially how it was 1 picture for each month.

    Happy 1 year Marian!!!!

    ReplyDelete