Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Gift #2


I know this isn't really homemade, but it kind of is because I designed it and used pictures that I took. Oh well, I think it's a great gift anyway. I think calendars are perfect for Christmas gifts because it's the start of a new year. Even if it's just kind of a gag gift (like mine to my sister) or for your own use. I'm in the process of making one for myself of my family's trip to Mount Rainier.


There are many different places that offer this service. I chose Sam's because it was only going to cost $10.00 and you can completely personalize it. They use thick, glossy cardstock that looks great with the photos. You can choose from about 12 different themes or just have a blank background. Some of the themes are really ornate and pretty while others are geared more towards kids and babies. Then you can choose how many pictures on a page and what size and shape they are. My favorite feature by far is that you can personalize each day with a different picture, change the color of the box, add text, and change the color and size of text. You can really do a lot with this $10 calendar. I was really impressed with how it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I bet your sister loved this!!? How did the Mt. Rainier one turn out? We still need to get together and work on our M. Stewart encyclopedia of crafts projects. . .

    ReplyDelete