Thursday, January 7, 2010

You guys are probably way ahead of me on this...

Have you guys heard of the scrapbooker Ali Edwards? I had never heard of her until today, probably because I'm not a scrapbooker. But, looking at her website and seeing the cool things she makes really makes we wish I were a scrapbooker.

The sad truth is: paper crafting is not my forte. Every attempt I make ends up being pretty laughable. Just the other day, I needed to make a card for a baby shower. I have a stack of baby scrap book paper - a nice brand new stack, even. I made some selections, did some cutting, had no idea what kind of adhesive to use so I used double-sided tape. I learned that folding scrapbook paper doesn't really work. The very outermost layer of the paper separated along the crease. The edges were all wonky, the layout kind of off. The heart and soul might have been there, but the final product was definitely not something worth keeping. Really. I'm not just being modest here.



Even still, looking at Ali's website made me really want to create some keepsakes. I loved her December daily book. I look at that and think: I wanna do that! It could be in my own scrappy, rag tag style. But then I realize I don't have near the amount of products it would take to accomplish something like that. The papers, the scissors, the punches, the embellishments, the dodads and gizmos. And I thought of all the many dollars it would take to accumulate that kind of stuff.

For you scrapbookers out there: How did you do it? How did you get all your supplies? I imagine it's an ongoing process, that you're always getting more. But where does one start? And should one who is so imprecise and paper-challenged as myself even TRY to start??

No comments:

Post a Comment