Thursday, April 15, 2010

Easter Goodies



I made these makeup bags for my sisters and my mom for Easter and filled them with grass and chocolate. It was a very easy, very rewarding project. I used home decor weight fabric from Etsuko Furuya's Fall 2009 fabric. The pattern came from Sew Pretty Christmas Homestyle. I bought the book from amazon used for just 3 dollars and it is just full of cute patterns for Christmas, or really anytime of year, if you just use non-Christmasy fabrics. It has everything from quilt patterns and advent calendars, to cute teddy bears, dolls, and house shoes. She uses some surprising decorations that aren't very traditional but they seems like they are. She is Australian and I believe this book was printed in the UK. Which means, no seam allowances are in the patterns.

This purse pattern uses such a small amount of fabric. I bought four fat quarters and made 3 with it. And I have enough left over to make another.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. these are really cute. I love that fabric. How long did it take you to make them? Are they easy to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You are back! Yes, these are really easy and fun to make. The first one took me about an hour and after that it went faster. Everyone really liked them. Let me know if you want the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, we did :) I just used mine for the first time (I didn't want to get it dirty) and it was so fun to use on my trip! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete