Saturday, November 28, 2009

Free Sewing Patterns

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a very restful and enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday. I tried a new pie recipe that I won't be trying again. But, I still managed to have a great time with my family, cooking and listening to Christmas music - our Thanksgiving tradition.

I have also been sick, so I spent a lot of time on couch surfing the internet in my wetsuit. My time-wasting took a turn for the productive when I found Burda Style. Have you already heard of it? It is a website that sales beautiful and cool patterns for cheap, but best of all it has FREE patterns, too. And these ones aren't hokey, indefinite, and the same ol' patterns that you can find everywhere, like the bajillion apron patterns out there. One of my favorite free ones is this bathing suit pattern.

It also has great how-to's, like a tutorial for creating a "leaf pleated bodice." I didn't even know what that was, but it sounds fun!

Anyway, if you are interested in a clothing project, you should check this website out. There is a lot more than just patterns and techniques. I think any sewer would want to save this site in their bookmarks.

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment