This is a recipe that Joseph (Krhea's husband) have been in love with after watching it on the Primal Grill (PBS). In Joseph's words "It was the best meal Ive ever had." Go Adam!
- First, pierce the leg of lamb all over with a paring knife, making each incision about 1" deep.
- Fill the incisions with fresh rosemary, black olives, and fresh slices of garlic.
- Brush all over the leg with olive oil (kind of sounds like changing a diaper)
- Rub it all over with salt, pepper, and dried rosemary.
- Make 2 pouches of the wood of your choice in aluminum foil. Poke holes in the pouches to allow the smoke to escape. Place them by the lit burner. Dont forget to soak them according to package instructions. Place the lamb in the grill that has been preheated to 370 degrees. Make sure the lamb is not directly over the flames. It needs to be cooked in indirect heat. Basically, only turn on one side of the grill; place the lamb on the unlit side.
- Grill about 2 hours, or until internal temperature is about 145 degrees; a perfect medium rare.
- About 20 minutes prior to the lamb being done, slice a red, yellow, and green bell peppers (about 5 of your choice), slice in about 2" wide slices, discard seeds and membrane. Place over the direct heat side of the grill. Season with salt and pepper. Flip them as they start to brown. Take them and place on the serving platter.
- Lay the finished lamb on the bed of peppers and serve!