Monday, September 28, 2009

Berry Crumble



Jen should actually be posting this recipe, since I got it from her. But Adam and I have been obsessing over this recipe this summer. I wanted to post it before all the summer berries were out of season. You can choose any berry or berry mixture you like, and many are priced at their cheapest right now. This recipe couldn't be easier. If you do not have ramekins, you can cook them all in one dish and serve.

Mixed Berry Crumble

3 c. fresh mixed berries
2 T balsamic vinegar
10 T sugar
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c cold unsalted butter cut into pieces
pinch of salt

serves 4

- 400 degrees. In a large bowl toss berries with balsamic vinegar & 4 T sugar. Let stand 30 minutes

- In a food processor pulse remaining 6 T sugar, flour, butter, & salt until mix resembles fine bread crumbs (can use fingers). Dont overwork or it will turn into a pastry.

- Divide berry mixture in 4 ramekins. Sprinkle crumble mix over berries. (Dont be afriad to pack it in - the crust is too good to waste!) Shake dishes slightly to allow ingredients to settle. Bake until top is slightly golden, about 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I would add: serve with vanilla ice cream! I cannot will not eat this (or pie) without vanilla ice cream. And those of you in Texas with your Blue Bell are especially lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the pictures, before I saw who posted this, I thought, "That looks like something Jen would make." How funny that it's her recipe. They look delicious - thanks for posting the recipe and reminding me that I need to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, I just made these adding goat cheese to them - i think you have to try it - it was probably the most amazing thing I've done - ever. It is pretty dang delicious; very rich.

    ReplyDelete