Monday, September 21, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ok, so I feel slightly inadequate to be contributing to this blog. Someone asked a question about fat quarters and I feel like I'm reading Chinese. And then there was the question about jelly rolls and cake layers, and I think they are asking about food. But apparently not. It is fun to read all of the creative things that people do, though, and it reminds me that if YOU people can do it so can I! Haha JK. I will definitely be contributing and I am encouraged to follow Elder Ballard's advice to take time to become more well-balanced. Becky is a good example of that to me.

So my first post is this new recipe I got for chocolate chip cookies. I know everyone has multiple recipes for this and probably one they love the most. However, the other day I wanted to make some and couldn't find the recipe I typically use so I settled for this one. It's very close to mine, but there are a few differences and I thought they were actually better. They turned out GREAT!

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
Add chocolate chips or whatever you would like, as much as you'd like (I added a whole bag of choc chips and half a bag of butterscotch chips)
3 cups flour (I actually used slightly less flour and added some oatmeal)

- Mix first 5 ingredients together until creamy.
- In separate bowl, mix salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to creamy mixture.
- Add chocolate chips, or whatever you fancy
- Add flour

350°F 8-10 minutes, until golden

ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. YUM-O as mom would say! Im always looking for good choc chip recipes! Cant wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this recipe - it's funny how many different recipes there can be for the same thing. I bought a needlessly gigantic bag of chocolate chips at Costco, so I'll definitely be trying out this recipe.

    And, don't feel inadequate posting here! We're all students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace, these cookies are in the oven right now. Your Rhoads girls are too modest. The dough is great. Oh wait, here they come out of the oven . . .

    Oh man, they are beautiful and tasty. An excellent recipe Candace - thanks!

    ReplyDelete