Monday, September 28, 2009

Glitter Pumpkins


So I made Martha Stewart's Glitter Pumpkins. Just bought the kit from Michael's. I was a little worried they would look a little cheesy/corny but they turned out really pretty. Martha Stewart Glitter is amazing! I LOVED all three colors that came in the pack. I was nervous that the glitter wouldn't stick that well or would be hard to get it into the crevices but it covered all 3 pumpkins so nicely, with just one coat. I have TONS of glitter left over, too. All I did was follow the super easy directions on line. http://www.marthastewart.com/article/beautiful-glittered-pumpkins?autonomy_kw=glitter%20pumpkins
Martha (we're on a first name basis) used real pumpkins and I used fake ones (which are 40-50% off right now at Michael's) so they would last longer. It was a super easy craft and I think it's such a cute little fall decoration.

2 comments:

  1. They look great! I can't wait to make them too! My sis is sending me a little of the glitter so I can walk in her creative footsteps

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are too cute. I generally shy away from glitter (it freaks out the neat freak in me - too messy!), but I might have to get over my phobia to give these a try. They really turned out great!

    ReplyDelete