Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just do it

Patterns are wonderful and I love the things I have made with them (like the sweet mary janes), but there is nothing like thinking up your own patterns and working/messing up/changing your mind/starting over to make what’s in your head into a one-of-a-kind design. This skirt that I made came out of an accident.


*it looks better in person...

If you look at it closely, you can kind of tell it was handmade by someone who isn’t very good at sewing, but I love it. For some reason I made a big curve in the front and then had to cover it up with something. Then I accidently made the scrunched band and thought, PERFECT! I put it all together and it turned out better than I could have ever expected myself to make. If you haven’t already, forget the pattern and just start sewing. Well, of course, think about it first and have some sort of plan. Then just go with it. If you already make your own clothes, I want to see!

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to comment about this post because I love this skirt!! The material is so cute and the ruffle in the front definitly makes it a one of a kind. I wish my mistakes looked like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so YOU'RE krhea? I had no idea. Well, I LOVE the skirt, I must have one!

    ReplyDelete